View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
etlaare
EcoModding Lurker

Jack once opted to have a possibility to set the pwm switching frequency as a parameter. I still think that would be a nice addition, as it would make experimenting with different frequencies eassier as it is now with using different .hex files.

I might have missed something in Paul's thread, but do I need extra hardware to use the bootloader ? Or is it just my usb-rs232 that messes up when I want to upgrade the firmware ?

oh oh ... two subjects in one post *blush* ... (ah well, they are sort of related as I want to test at 8Khz and it won't load atm...).

and to contribute to the speed discussion, gps is a good and more reliable choice for averages.

In time I will add an extra microcontroller to add cruise control with digital speed indicators (so you can set a certain speed instead of selecting and cruising at the current one). It will be not too hard as the gearbox on my donor car already submits a digital speed signal, but to have a generic way for that might be virtually impossible, so .. go for the gps :-)

Another nice feature could be to have a column of generic plugin buttons where you can define your own functions.

And of course to be able to run it on a windows mobile platform (easier gps integration and eassier to fit in a car as well as touchscreens availability). Or shall we define a new car-automation OS standard ourselves ?

You all did a great job so far by the way. I am ever so grateful.

Ed