View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #50 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvit View Post
that's so epic. i had a chance to buy one. it sat in the car lot for over a year. i already had a house project and my wife would never let me have a car project at the same time.. it sold this summer. i bet it was cheap.
That is maybe why I can afford to have two electric cars, I'm not married and I don't have any kids, but I also only work part time and half my income is taken up by being a home owner and having house projects to work on as well.

As for range the current range of the Myers Motors NMG is 70 miles on lithium, their Duo that comes out this summer is going to have a 100 mile pack as an option if I remember correctly, I've driven the NMG and would buy one.

The thing is is that there are electric cars out there, both home built and factory built, some that need work some are ready to drive and alot of them don't cost that much more then the other vehicles that are on the road it's just a matter of finding them and handing money to the person who currently owns them, finding them isn't even that hard, I got one of mine by talking to people that I knew and my other one by placing an ad on craigs list, the ad on craigs list resulted in me learning about 5 EV's within an hours drive of my house and I'm in Wisconsin, not exactly the mecca of electric vehicles, so when people say "gee I wish I could get a $160 EV like you did" I have to ask them... Have you looked?