View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Engineering first

17 i3-REx - '14 BMW i3-REx
Last 3: 45.67 mpg (US)

Blue Bob's - '19 Tesla Std Rng Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
Right now I'm watching the injector milliseconds and the #1-O2 sensor for my cold start driveway routine. When #1-O2 starts to fluctuate, I zip up the driveway looking for the lowest microseconds. When the O2 starts to jump around it's out of open loop. the bypass cat section will absorb the nasties till the cat proper can take over if it's not already hot by then.
You're in an area I can't easily replicate. We live on former river bottom land, mostly flat. The nearest, steep stretch is barely 3 meters in height.

Quote:
I'm also watching the INJ MS for the best pulse/accell rpm so far ~ 2200 rpm = ~ 6.125ms and the best accell.
This is a good range. This is my warmed-up, 1.5L, NHW11 BSFC chart:

I used MG1 torque which is 28% of the ICE torque to calculate the ICE power. Either injector timing or for a warmed up ICE, mass flow works. In practice, I use 2,400 rpm as my upper limit but up to 2,600 should be OK. The problem is at 2,600 rpm there can be some overshoot:
  • 2,200 -> 25 hp
  • 2,400 -> 27 hp
  • 2,600 -> 30 hp
Here is another chart:

Again, it shows the optimum ICE rpm ranges.

Quote:
. . .
The autoenginuity is the best one I have found that covers even the hybrid subcodes with the toyota upgrade.
That is the one. My wife has a pentium based Mac and we may try it someday.

If you decide to go with some discrete instruments, you can run the cables through the air inlet on the passenger side and drop them down to the cabin filter behind the glove compartment. Drill a hole through the side of replaceable filter and run the wires inside.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 01-27-2010 at 12:55 AM..