View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeebryan View Post
Mr jacob's creation has been something i have admired since the first time i came across his website a few months ago. I had mentioned it breifly in my Ninja 250 fairing thread. I plan on following similar techniques for making the fairing. While i dont beleive i'll acheive 200+mpg like the innova, i'd be happy with anything over 125mpg.

One advantage the innova has over the Ninja 250 is the seating position. Mr Jacob was able to drastically lower his seat height so that his frontal area is minimal. On my Ninja 250, i can not really do that as there is framing right under the seat. I would have to cut the frame, move the airbox and battery out of the way (and reroute the intake tract), and reweld alternate framing to maintain its overall rigidity. Its something i have the ability to do, but i am not sure i want to butcher my motorcycle.
Bryan - you could always but the seat frame bars and just lower them on the strut tube, but that would put you closer to the foot stays, tucking your knees further into your chest, creating yet another problem. If you were to do something like that, you're probably better off starting with a foot-forward design.