View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
90crxHF
Si engine and trans

CRX Si/HF - '90 Honda CRX HF
90 day: 40.35 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMPG View Post
I would list it as an HF, and say it has the Si components. Or...you could just list it as an Si. The latter may actually make more sense.
Thanks man... I'll probably list it as an HF with Si driveline.

Oh and BTW, if I run the car has hard as possible (meaning hauling ass everywere I go) the worst this car has gotten is 31MPG. If I drive sensibly, but still spirited, I can usually get between 34 - 35 MPG. The absolute best I have gotten is 40.5 MPG, however that was with out any instrumentation telling me about engine load, MPG's, nothing. I have since connected up a vacuum gauge (liquid filled) and I am now driving about 90% by the gauge. I try to keep it at 15" of vacuum or greater. I rarely ever let it go under 10" and if I do, it's only because I'm being nice to the person behind me. Otherwise, grandpa's are passing me by....

So far after having the vacuum guage hooked up (this was with out my fog light blockage and my front bumper pan) I have managed to hit 38MPG again (doing 70mph+). Now I have my fog light holes being blocked and my front bumper pan in place and I'm hoping to hit 41 - 42 MPG????

My ultimate goal is do be able to hit 50MPG will still being able to go ~70MPH on the freeway. What's funny is here in Houston, 70mph on the freeway is slow. So I'm still gambling with safety a bit, but I don't care, they can go around me....