View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
El Duende
EcoModding Lurker

QG - '02 Nissan Sentra GXE
2002 Nissan Sentra

Hello everyone! I never thought I'd be joining a forum of this type, but after sitting through a couple of Environmental Science classes, suddenly I'm becoming more aware of my daily use of resources, like gasoline, water, food, etc. After some web surfing and research, I stumbled upon this site through an article in the auto section of aol.com. Because this site takes the stance of being economical in it's very name, I'll make it clear that although I'm all for cleaner emissions and sustainable energy sources for personal transportation, I absolutely detest the idea of battery powered cars and the approach that automakers have taken in the small-car movement. How can a battery-powered vehicle be less harmful than a modern gasoline-powered engine? That battery's gotta go at some point and it's going to require replacement, whereas gasoline engines have many components that can be refurbished or recycled to make new ones. And the idea of plugging a car to my wall makes me laugh. When that subsides, I shed a tear at the image of a giant smokestack taking the place of my fuel tank. There's got to be dozens of members here who have a strong thought on the matter, whether in favor of the transition or not, so by all means present a case and enlighten me on your position. You'll find that I'm very open-minded. Alas, I'm very interested in hearing this community's take on these current issues and look forward to learning from you all. Without further depletion of bandwidth, here is my baby!

I'm going to be doing some eco-modding of my own in performing some weight reduction on her, primarily because I'm usually the only passenger when I drive. Not only do I get better gas mileage, acceleration, braking, and handling capabilities, (To name a few ) it'll also cut some slack off the engine, which is propelling more than 2,548 pounds. (Curb weight)

Last edited by El Duende; 01-29-2010 at 01:54 AM..