View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
NoCO2
Bicycle Junky

Putsaround - '96 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

The Commuter - '07 Trek 1000SL
90 day: 617.28 mpg (US)

Zippy - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
ex-x-fire, thanks for the suggestions.

Going on my experience from hypermiling my last car I have already bumped the tire pressure up to 40psi, this seems to be a good point as the sidewall max is 44psi, during normal driving they heat up about enough to hit that number.

I'm getting the MPGuino pre-built as soon as I have some $$ to throw around in gauges, right now it's getting sunk into the mechanical bits.

T-stat is good, that was the first thing I replaced when I got the car. Replaced while diagnosing a rough idle issue.

I just changed the oil. Went from a non-synthetic 10w-30 to a full synthetic 5w-30 which should help out a bit, I'll have to keep an eye on engine temps though as summer comes along.

Engine block heater is not practical where I live, it is only cold enough to snow maybe 1-2 months out of the year. (happened to be when I took the pictures above...)

One of the things I will be doing is removing the rear seat eventually, but right now I need to keep it as it is required for my current weekend racing series class.

As for the HF parts, unfortunatly, unless I swap to the motor from the HF, the answer is no, I don't think so...The motor in it right now is a 95HP D15B2. I plan on doing a few mods to it once I know it's running well at all stock specs including wrapping the header pipes to try to keep the heat in the gases to get a little more power without changing anything that will effect the gas millage and also adjusting the timing a bit to make it burn a bit leaner.

I have also heard that in my engine, since it's only got one O2 sensor, you can wire up something to trick the ECU into thinking you're running rich and lean out the fuel mixture via the computer as well which I will be looking into.

On the side of spending lots of money also, I found a site that makes carbon fiber hoods, doors, trunks and ROOF PANS for my car...overall to install it would be somewhere around $2000 but it would drop my car's weight significantly since the only body panels that would remain metal would be the main frame of the vehicle...but it's unlikely I will do that any time in the foreseeable future...