View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #106 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
I don't think I will be driving my XFi anymore for a while. Looks like I will be on the bike for the next month or so while the metro is getting built. I guess if I have to I can drive my Camaro to work but it gets really bad mileage and I drive 400 miles a week. Besides the bike is way more fun under 100mph.

The motor was easy to drop out since I have had lots of practice taking metros apart. I just unbolted it and set it on the ground. Then just picked the car up and carried it back behind the motor. Next weekend I will put the motor in the new chassis and weld up the last 2 mounts. Then I will drop the engine back out and get all the brackets and chassis junk made up. After that it is time to put the motor in and actually wire it all up and go for a ride.

I really think it might get done by May. It should be drivable by the first of May but the body prep and detailing out the interior will take some time so hopefully by the end of May it is totally done and ready for the local car show circuit.