View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
NoCO2
Bicycle Junky

Putsaround - '96 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

The Commuter - '07 Trek 1000SL
90 day: 617.28 mpg (US)

Zippy - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
Thanks for the suggestion War Wagon. they are 185/60/14 tires. I'm going to live with these for now. I'm going to be getting some 15" wheels for it soon. I'm getting some light weight ones though that will more than make up for their size. The ones I'm looking at now are 12lbs per wheel which is just as light, if not lighter than the steelies you were suggesting. The only down side is that I will be getting 205/50/15 tires for them because they're going to be the wheels/tires I mainly use when I'm at the track. I was thinking about re-purposing the steelies for FE wheels though. Using the 14" wheels to put on some 155/60/14 wheels (if they exist, or something close) with the LRR compound for use when I'm doing long highway trips or trying to do an FE competition or something. I also have a set of aluminum pie dishes that I got for my Camry that I can put on them as smooth wheels caps to improve even further.

Domman56, thanks man, I really love it. You're going to love it when I'm finish with the appearance stuff. It's going to be a good bit lower than it is now and have some real nice wheels. Window tint is one of the things down at the bottom of the list along with new carpet, but it's on the list of to-dos for sure.

Right now I've being working on PnG and DWL a lot because my commute is about a 50/50 split with highway and city driving. One of the things I want to try to do though is easily removable rear wheel skirts so I can still take it to car shows and keep the stock look but for long highway stints I can get the FE gain of the covers.

When I lower the car with the new suspension system I'm ordering with part of my tax return, I'll also be getting an volvo front lip at pull-a-part for it to help drop the front end even closer to the ground which will help the aero on the highway just a little bit.

When it's done it should look similar to this in the front

Last edited by NoCO2; 02-01-2010 at 08:41 PM..