View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
begreen
EcoModding Lurker

2009AveoSedan5speed - '09 Chevrolet Aveo LS
90 day: 35.54 mpg (US)

1993HondaCivicLX - '93 Honda Civic LX
Last 3: 40.09 mpg (US)

silver bullet - '15 chevy spark ls
New 2009 Aveo LS sedan 5 speed. 33 mpg for very first 316 miles

Filled up for the first time from picking up the new '09 Aveo on Jan 31st. Total was 316 miles. 1st tank = 33 mpg. This is -my- first fill-up since the actual first filll-up was included in the purchase of the car and provided by the Chevy dealer. Air pressure from dealer was 28 psi per factory specs. After filling it with 87 octane gas I bumped up the tire pressure.

The car is very comfortable to drive and it handles well - although as you may suspect - I haven't pushed it much. Everything is so clean and shiny. Even the carpeting! The factory paint name is Victory Red. To me it is what I'd call fire engine red. The dealer had 1 red one and another dealer had a black one. I didn't want black due to the heat in the summer. I wasn't crazy about having a red one but I have to say - it's so shiny I really it now. It has a little chrome and black and I think it's actually quite nice - especially when I compare it to the faded 17 year old civic that it replaces. It's got tons of warranty coverage too - see this:

- 100,000 timing belt replacement interval --- yes 100k - right in the manual!
- 3 year / 36,000 complete vehicle warranty, including towing & tires
- 5 year / 100,000 transferable powertrain warranty
- 5 year / 100,000 24/7 Roadside Assistance + Courtsey Transportation
- 6 year / 100,000 rust-through corrosion
- 1 year OnStar safe and sound plan
- car has it's own phone number and for $5/mo has 30 minutes a month of talk time. Works well. It mutes the radio and the radio becomes the phone when a call comes in. I don't need it but it works well and for $5 a month - it's just plain neat for now.

What a nice car.

marc