View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duende View Post
Just used the "thanks" (Nut-hugger) feature for the first time. This post was worthy of it.

Apparantely, select contrarian members have taken it upon themselves to recommend the opposite of what's widely accepted factually and anecdotally. They label aftermarket parts as something that appeals only to hardcore "tuners" aiming for peak horsepower with absolutely no regard to drivability or ricers who bolt on drag-inducing body kits with other aerodynamically inefficient items, completing the look with a protruding muffler resembling one off a school bus. Very stereotypical assumptions, indeed. But no, "performance guys" have it backwards: a "tuner" wants gas-powere, the "eco-dude" wants battery-powered ; they swap in a CAI/SRI, here they rock a WAI; some guy with a Civic puts a spoiler on, the other a "boat-tail"; yadda yadda...

Instead of blatantly ignoring what's been around for years because you have some sort of innate oppression against it, why not look into it as adamantely as you do for future concepts? It might just help you get that high MPG number you've been yearning for.
You didn't graduate high-school, did you?

Seriously - you need to do some research, and ask a real tuner. Any one that's worth his title will know the same concepts we discuss here. Many of them do. You're basing your entire knowledge of engines on a handbook that was written for one vehicle and has no known references, which was meant for kids with mom's paycheck in hand, or at least that's what you've shown so far.

If you're only going to show this type of ignorance in your next 25 posts, I'm sure many of us would just as soon you didn't post at all.

Why exactly did you join this forum? You don't see people from EM going to performance websites and bagging on the things they do, do you?

You have no backing, no experience that you've shown, and no valid reason for believing any of the things you've said in this thread, nor the other one that I discussed with you. You've shown pure disdain for every piece of information that has backing in physical science, you've denied reality and instead, substituted your own.

I'm sorry, but unless you change your tone, nobody here will take you any more seriously than a troll.

It's Ok that you disagree with known concepts. Disagreement spawns discussion, which spawns advancement. It's not OK that you disagree, have no basis outside of opinion and conjecture for that disagreement, have shown a lack of respect for the forum in general, and can't even back up what you say with a valid reference.

Mods, if I'm over the line here, please let me know, and I'll do what's necessary to fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
Domman56 (02-05-2010)