View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duende View Post
Can't say I didn't see this coming.

I was waiting for you to respond to this. In doing so, you're identifying with blatant ignorance. This goes both ways. You seem to be very self-rightous in the way that you've attacked me, as if it's me who is against discussion when I'm actively participating and questioning the logic behind the methods passed through word of mouth. (Or keyboard) By discrediting my source, you have turned your back on my argument, labeling it as a "kid's" book. I can assure you that this isn't my only one. Where are your sources? You told me somebody's gonna swing by and give me them eventually. In that case, you have no backing to prove me wrong. It frustrates you. What I could do is ask a real tuner to come over here and clarify my points. He/she will say the same thing as I have, because those are the people that taught me how it's done. Hopefully the name "troll" won't describe my profile. Looking back, I tried to make amends with you by stating that I'd look into your side of the argument before proceeding, but you hit me with another post and kept going. Guess you overlooked that. Using you as an example to represent EM in another forum would send a bad impression and more than likely embarass the community. Talking about you, I see lots of pompous, big-headed talk of how I don't have any proof or an educational background, but as our debates progress, you have less of substance, more of a desire to simply win an argument with me than to prove a point. With that said...

Go bring me some evidence, chap.
You're right, that post was probably a little abrasive. I'm not really frustrated so much with your posts as with your apparent attitude towards the people who frequent this forum. It's very uncalled for, and could be considered downright rude by many.

In fact, in regards to making an example of a forum and being embarrassing, I could say the same to you. You've still not backed up anything you've said, other than with a book that literally does equate to something marketed to people who just don't know any better, and (that I"m aware of) has no references contained inside it. I have, in my library, a book called "Sport Compact Tuning", published by Haynes, INC. Of course, if I were to use that book as a reference to tuning a car for anything more than "The Fast and The Furious", I'd get laughed out of ANY venue.

The fact is, there is science to support the efficacy of nearly everything that gets discussed on this forum. If you choose to separate yourself from it, so be it. The undertone in posts is not necessary, though.