View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #163 (permalink)
Dave's Civic Duty
Master EcoModder

Mater - '98 Dodge 3500 Dually

Wilber - '99 Toyota Corolla LX

Minyatta - '93 Mazda Miata MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
Same here: Volunteer Fire/EMS (vehicle extrication specialized) and a paid Ambulance service in a large district in SE Ohio. My assigned rig at the paid EMS service was generally the first dispatched on "MVAs". Having had I-70 run through both departments increased the accident rate compared to other agencies. Coal truck hauling on switchback, mountainous roads proved dangerous as well. Having also worked in a Trauma Center / ER in the KC Metro Area has shown the exact same situation in a variety of vehicle contexts.

Seriously, belts are the simplest form of safety, and in my informal poll of survival rate, post incident or DOA, there's NO argument. Maybe it takes seeing that kind of graphic detail of trauma to the human body to get the point across.

In this case, there's a line between "civil disobedience" and "ignorance".

Again, we're not going to change opinions of the closed-minded. I often wonder why I try.

RH77
I was talking w/ a friend that was a Medical Dr. Had his share of emergency room experiences. We were having the conversation on what one could do to prolong ones life, I'd figure he would say, eat right, get plenty of exercise, take an aspirin every day, etc. He said #1, wear your seat belt & #2, do anything you can, to not get shot!

You guys are the smart ones on the planet, you can at least wear a seat belt!

Dave