View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Domman56
Master EcoModder

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyBear View Post
Ok mr stereo type lol. FWI, I sea foamed the oil ad gas the first week I had it and left the oil in for 300 miles (never going above 3k rpms) and then changed to royal purple 10w-30. My tires are brand new and I had the car aligned, and I wash my car AT LEAST 2 times a week, And I wash the undercarriage too ( I would spend $20 a week keeping my old truck clean). I havent run any of my 8 past cars on less than 93 octane. And there is no clutter in my car lol. And yes im 18 years old. My intro thread shows my history of cars and why I ended up here.

On the subject of the CAI, I may just go to a better filter and keep the stock intake because of that annoying droning sound coming from a stock engine with a CAI.
Well then most of the stuff i told ya to do you already did helps doesn't it

along with that I'd suggest a K&N filter or a Spectre filter in place of the stock filter since you want the stock intake I prefer K&N personally still take the intake resonator out though gives it a nice little growl when you wanna open it up

oh and since your tires are new and always kept aligned make sure to keep all of the tires at or as near as max pressure as you dare Lots of guys on here have had sucess with this increasing FE
You gotta realize all the guys here learn to live with eachothers ideas
And don't take any of it personally haha i just havent had the chance to post a sarcastic post on here yet

Tank:
(No actual EPA numbers for car just used F/E numbers when i first got it)