View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chalupa102
Cycling more to drive les

White 'rolla - '05 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 44.39 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Chalupa102
Thanks for the replies. I've been downshifting for about a week now and just wanted to make sure it wasn't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
...You can start the car, and immediately hit the accelerator even before you shift into drive, but this is abusive and not a good idea...
I would never hit the accelerator before switching to drive. That just sounds like it would be horrible for the tranny.

What i was wondering with questions 2 and 3 was, say for a senario i'm stopped at a light with the engine off, tranny in neutral holding the brakes and the light turns green. I'm the first car in front and can't see the side light that turns red, so i start the car and immediately put it in drive, then about a second later let off the brakes and accelerate from the light. Am i good by putting it in D from N as soon as the engine is started, or do i need to wait a second before going to D?

I was asking about the starting in D question cuz one time before i forgot to switch to N and couldn't start while in D. Luckly no one was behind me at the time.

Corolla aeromods thread:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ead-11210.html