View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Chris D.
EcoModding Minded
Chris D.'s Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 667

Lunar Mist - '02 Toyota Tacoma SR5
90 day: 25.31 mpg (US)

Silver Streak - '08 Toyota Corolla S
90 day: 38.25 mpg (US)
Thanks: 67
Thanked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris D.
More progress..

seems as tho I run out of daylight and steam soon thereafter.. Maybe I'm BiSolar

I got the front panel shaved down to fit the sides/edges of the bed..
I love this 1/8" panel, it cuts with a razor blade..

I had to cut the front edge of the bedliner off because it was causing it to ride up some..

I have everything duct taped into place so ti doesnt move and used painters tape to make sure I dont glue anything onto the bed

I cut roughly for the rear panel..
Once its all dry, I'll trim it some other time like I did the front panel..

I roughed it up for proper adhesive promotion

Then I whipped my cocker out and got busy shooting a bead..

before the adhesive I taped spacers to mock the space needed for the hinges..
I also used painters tape to ensure the glue wouldn't adhere to the other panel..

I maneuvered it into place and then hit it with my finish nailer to keep it in place..
got it all squared away and sat some weight on it..

underside view..

sence I was out of duct tape that I used as my 3rd and fouth hands..
I got the grey and hit the shirts with it because the tapes not happy..

a little less noticable

thats it for now..

I do want to say this.. Liquid nails sucks.. Good thing I'm going to lay glass on this or I wouldn;t trust the stuff..

I ended up using some PL brand polyurethanepremium construction adhesive and this stuffs MONSTER!!!!

definatly the way to go on wood..

thats all I have for now..

  Reply With Quote