View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #395 (permalink)
orange4boy
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
The Hakkas are excellent tires.

I noticed the wet FE hit too. I guess it's a trade off. Better wet traction but greater RR.

The WRG2 is real all season tire with a M+S rating, but that's probably more like a Finnish all season. In some tests I saw it had better snow traction than some dedicated snow tires. The summer temps south of here will probably wear them down too fast but that's a supposition on my part. They have a 400 wear rating. Very stable and grippy and the 185/65/14XL I got have a 51psi max pressure.

I'm probably going to get a set of LRR Nokian H for the summer. The RR is a little higher than say, the Michelin energy saver, but on every other characteristic they are better. I looked at the i3 but the H has better RR according to the tech guys there. On the other hand the i3 has a UTQG: 620 A A. The H: 320 A A

I looked at the RE92 but the performance wasn't good enough in the wet and snow.

Part of my reason for choosing the Nokian is their environmental leadership and social responsibility. Other than offering some LRR tires, Michelin is dragging it's feet a bit on other environmental issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to orange4boy For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (02-09-2010)