View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
HHO on a Diesel: have you tried it?

Very interesting.

If the paper quoted by Tangomar is accurate, it is worth the try to use HHO on board production to feed a diesel. Despite the guys that claim it is not possible, because to 2nd law of Thermodynamics (these guys may be applying the concepts in a wrong way and I suspect they have never tried to do it by themselves).

However, that paper do not show several details on the experiment setup. For example:

1.- How the electrolysis is carried out.
My experience showed to me that efficiency of electrolisis is key. A bad electrolisis device may produce 20% of a good one, and that makes a huge difference. At least, I made two of them and the second produced 500% as much as the first using equivalent current.

However, the high efficiency HHO maker I constructed had two problems: a) Production was so high I needed to use a pump to blow HHO out of the HHO maker, otherwise, gas become to occupy electrolysis chamber, becoming less productive. b) After adding a pump to accelerate circulation of gas and water, the HHO gas went out, but, some foam begun to form, little by little, with the same result: electrolysis chamber went less efficient.

2. - The paper quoted by Tangomar omit another very important detail: how much current consumed the HHO generator.

3. The paper do not explain what electrolite was used, in what concentration.

4. Another problem of on board electrolysis I experimented is the corrosion of electrodes. The paper does not quote what material was the electrodes, for how long they were operative.

These lack of information make me think that the experience of the paper may be not accurate. At least, it show me very little practical knowledge on the matter of the author.

For me, there is no enough info to make a credible balance between INPUT and OUTPUT of the HHO onboard generation.

I am not denying the possibility based on theoretical assumptions, I am asking for more accurate information, that demonstrate they make the experiment.

Old Beaver.