View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

Hi Oldbeaver, I didn't realize you were already trying to utilize the concept. You also live in South America? I would see the need for reaching for any viable gains
I will look through some files much later tonight and find you some links. I believe some are SAE papers and have to be bought online. But please understand the basics of trying to generate it on board through electrolysis, it's diminishing returns and even if you tried to generate 5% from the total fuel volume from the energy derived from diesel, it would be incredibly in-efficient in energy expended from the system related to any gain. You'd achieve more from a compressed cylinder (plus you'd be able to meter the volume you need under load, which is where any significance is recognized) of hydrogen more so financially and long term efficiency net gains from the diesel engine related to useable power, maybe. Most results I've ever read, as displayed elsewhere in this thread, are minimal. Particularly in overall fuel consumption. Energy in (and expense) vs overall net gain (-energy consumed)

Last edited by naturalextraction; 02-09-2010 at 01:54 PM..