View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
begreen
EcoModding Lurker

2009AveoSedan5speed - '09 Chevrolet Aveo LS
90 day: 35.54 mpg (US)

1993HondaCivicLX - '93 Honda Civic LX
Last 3: 40.09 mpg (US)

silver bullet - '15 chevy spark ls
About the 1993 Honda Civic LX: The U-Haul hitch was removed before the car was sold as well as the wiring harness. I used to tow a small (40" x 49", 8" wheels) 870 lb capacity assemble-it-yourself utility trailer from Harbor Freight for dump runs and occasional Boy Scout outing use. The Honda Civic could handle it effortlessly. It only weighed 131 lbs from the factory. Plus I added a waferboard base and ferring strip side rails. Combined with the tie downs it probably totalled out at 170 or so lbs. Piece of cake. The trailer handled 4 full size trash cans with ease and still got got amazing gas mileage. Nice combo for the occasional Saturday dump runs. For extra duty you could buy a 4' x 8' version of this trailer. Not needed for me but for Home Depot runs it would be better to have an 8' trailer (272 lbs + decking + rails).

Re: Aveo: I will miss the mpg of the Civic but it is new and the Honda was starting to rot so if I can tweak the Aveo it'll work out ok. I plan to get a Scanguage II, add a hitch, someday get taller tires and maybe some other stuff. I will post pics at some point and will keep a fuel log.

Thanks for the comments. I have to say the car is very comfortable. Seats are tall and firm.