View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
I'm working on a power supply that converts 340v DC (voltage doubled 120v AC) to 12-15v DC at up to 35A for IT use. I'm planning for a minimum of 80% efficiency at half load. The standby power usage is currently only 1/8w and I'm planning for less than 1w idle power usage. It will have a control interface that will allow a BMS/PMS (Battery/Power Management System) to control its output voltage and current limit as well as turn it on and off and monitor temperature and output current. (It will default to outputting about 14.4v at maximum current limit if the control connector is disconnected.)

It could be used in an EV if the nominal pack voltage is 240-288v. By changing the transformer turn ratio and using different primary inverter components, it can be redesigned for just about any practical input voltage.
This sounds perfect for my corvette conversion. I am planing on running a sealed lead acid battery that I can tuck away and keep charged with a DC-DC converter.

I am planing on running 90 TS 100ah cells for a nominal voltage of 3.2V x 90 = 288VDC. This will rise to 3.8V per cell when charging, this will be 342VDC. Will this cause a problem for the converter??

I look forward to seeing some plans!!

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com