Thread: 50 mpg!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
luvit
epic stock master

86 Accord LX (carb) - '86 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 35.57 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
i like to get a sample of my entire tank, and i drive it till the fuel light flashes,every tank. im with old tele i dont think the amount of gas makes a huge difference at least not for me (not a whole lot of stop and go) so once you get that weight moving its no big difference, my scangauge stays steady across my whole tank for the most part with me struggling to keep it above 60mpg (avg) which is about 7-9 mpg too optomistic. as far as how to fill, i fill and rock/fill and rock until no more gas will settle, and its in the filler neck. a pretty accurate method,,,,hey luvit lets aeromod that honda! belly pan and pizza pans,,,chicks digg it.
i could use more chicks. lol.
this car is actually a project car for my daughter to learn how to drive. she gets her permit this summer. i need to keep it as stock as possible.

i'll remove the VAC gauge until she get's her license. i don't want it to distract her. i won't teach hypermiling until she appears to be safe by 2nd nature.

and physical mods may embarrass her. i'll leave it up to her, introduce her to this site and let her think it's her idea for aero mods.

the non-permanent mods i plan to do to this car at not aero mods.
Respectfully:
Synthetic axle/wheel bearing lube
Hot/Warm air intake - just not done due to laziness.
Grill Block (Upper Grill) - just not done due to laziness.
Grill Block (Lower Grill)
Cover bucket-style marker lights - just not done due to laziness.
Weight reduction

Seal Panel Gaps
Belly pan (full)
Front Air Dam (TBD)

i already have relatively smooth hub caps from honda.