View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #118 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Yeah, I just read in this article here (Pg 5....the article is real good overall though) that an extended cab truck is more aero than a regular cab. I've been wondering if the 30% aero gain and 15 -20% better mileage applies to our truck designs. The 6.5 foot bed i bet works to make the stock pick up more aero as well.

Hot Rod Magazine Aerodynamics & Wind Tunnel Article

I love this line in the Article,
"Golf-ball dimples: They do not work on cars, regardless of the scale of the dimples, unless your car is a 1.68-inch-diameter sphere spinning through the air with no ground plane."

I spray painted my aerocap black just in case I needed to dispense with the baggie wrap, Thought it would be a decent back up plan. I figure I could buy a quart of house paint too and use the existing spray as sort of a primer to put on a real good coat of preservation. Although I intend to start on my new cap in May when I finish up at the Nuc plants, I'll probably just scrap my current cap, so I probably won't bother to paint it anymore.

Something I been wondering though, what if we hit the shrink wrap on a hot day with the heat gun? I wonder if it would stay taut then?