View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
WTFM8 -

Welcome to EM! The last HX they made was in my top five wish-list of new cars a few years ago. I was going to ask the same question as budomove regarding a lean-burn indicator. *IF* (big if) your 02 sensor is a narrow-band (0-1 volt operating range), I would suggest this gizmo :

Digital Fuel Mixture Display Kit for Cars
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...=&SUBCATID=347
Quote:
This brilliant dashboard mounting unit monitors and displays your carąs air-fuel ratio in real time on a three digit display and at the same time on the programmable 10-LED bargraph. Indicates ratios between 11.8 - 20.6 for petrol and 12.7 - 21.5 for propane/LPG. Some features: fully lean and fully rich indication, fast 220ms update time for bargraph, 440ms upgrade time for 3 digit display, 0-1V display for setting up adjustment, dot or bar option for bargraph and auto display dimming for night driving. All this in a compact case measuring only 83 x 54 x 31mm. Leaded petrol engines will soon poison an EGO sensor, so it is recommended that kit be used for tuning purposes only.
I have one and the the digital "14.7" makes all the difference in knowing what is going on.

The BABE Rally sounds like a great story in the making!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society