Thread: Super MPGuino?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
gtkid2002
EcoModding Apprentice

The Bug - '69 Volkswagen Bug Base
Wow. That multidisplay is pretty awesome. That's what I was actually shooting for, but I'm basing mine off of the Mega, and I won't have that many thermocouples. That and I'm betting that it's based off performance, but still wow.

I've almost got the whole thing wired up. My wiring job is horrible, but I really don't care that much for the time being. I can always go back and revise it after a while.

I've switched the code for big instant mpg to big instant mph for the time being, as my primary purpose for this is to replace my defunct speedometer.

Anyways, here's a picture of what I've gotten done in four hours.

Not as much as I would have hoped, but whatever. I'll finish soldering tonight and start installing it, or at least finding a case for the screen. I probably won't be able to get the sensors or the bigger screen for a while, but I will be able to play with the code more, and I will hopefully be able to hook this up to the tach to display rpm as well, as my rpm gauge reads 8k when the engine is off, and reads 2k when it is bouncing off the rev limiter.

But anyways, It's a start!

UPDATE:
Got the thing wired, and the screen has a nice red glow. And no text. I'm gonna be doing more research later tonight, but if anybody "happens" to see this before I get to find the HELP! Pages, and knows what's up, lemmie know please.

1969 VW Bug - Daily Driver
1975 VW Baja - Current Project
Priors:
1989 Honda Prelude Si 4WS (RIP)
1995 Honda Prelude Si (Traded)
1980 Fiat Spider 2000 (Sold)

Last edited by gtkid2002; 02-19-2010 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Update:Deadscrean