Thread: Super MPGuino?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
gtkid2002
EcoModding Apprentice

The Bug - '69 Volkswagen Bug Base
Woo! I'm please. I caught the short on the circuit board between the mega and the screen. You really have to triple check for ANY connections. When I normally solder, I drag a mini-flathead screwdriver inbetween the traces on the circuit boards to make sure no wires are touching when I'm not sure. I normally don't have any problems, but this IDE cable wire has some seriously thin wire threads inside it. ONE slipped by me, and now I get the screen working. It was inbetween pins 2 and 3 on the screen, but it boots, so I don't think I fried anything. Time to install it!

I'll post pictures moar later when I'm done. I have to make a case before I install it at least.

Update number 474032 for the evening: Haha, this is great. Screen works! Buttons don't. I've checked connections, looked for shorts, checked for continuity, and even jiggled random wires. Nothing. It would spaz out when I would drag my finger around the extra pins (22-58) and when I jiggled the wire to PWM pin 6. And now it doesn't. I'm gonna attack it with a soldering iron a few more times, then I give up for a bit.

So, are there any possible compatibility issues I should be looking out for between the standard Arduino and the Seeeduino Mega?

1969 VW Bug - Daily Driver
1975 VW Baja - Current Project
Priors:
1989 Honda Prelude Si 4WS (RIP)
1995 Honda Prelude Si (Traded)
1980 Fiat Spider 2000 (Sold)

Last edited by gtkid2002; 02-20-2010 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: buttons wont work