View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Tomorrow should be filled with:

Oil - 15w40 Delvac 1300 (for the detergents, just one change with it to clean the engine out)

Transmission - Mercon V ATF (Wally World brand)
Transfer Case - Mercon V ATF (Wally World brand)

Spark Plugs - Autolite Copper (OE heat rating)

I intend to run a compression test while I'm changing the plugs, because it's something I do every time I change plugs on any engine. (Which I seldom do).

Coolant Flush

Possibly replace the 30x9.50R15LT's with LT235/75R15

Install front driveshaft U-Joints, reinstall front drive shaft.

Remove driver's side carpet/rubber floor, install patch metal temporarily.

Install washer pump.

Figure out how to install the hitch I have, if I can make it easy. If not, steal one from my Father and replace it with mine. (Do you think the leaf spring shackles will mind being pushed away from the frame by 1/8"?)

Since the truck is down until I get the tank fixed, while it's down, I'm going to hook my trailer lights to it and drive it home to park it here so I can keep working on it. Work will include:

Clean up rust and coat the "bad" spots.
Rub down the frame with a cup brush and clean off dirt/scale/etc and coat it to prevent further rust.
Rear tank delete (has more holes than the Ozone layer) and spare tire delete, prepare frame for larger (~30 gallon) rear tank to be used for a transfer tank for diesel/oil/WVO, etc.

While the bed is off, I'm going to look into lowering it's mount points ~1", then also lowering the cab ~1" over the frame. Not sure how that's going to work out, so don't expect much from it.

Whatever else comes to mind. I'm sure there'll be more.