View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #64 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee View Post
15w40 Delvac 1300 in 300 during extreme winter you are hurt engine.

Use 5w40 diesel oil.

13 mpg it must be mistake.

Check brake to make sure it not drag.

I wouldn't use steel flatbed it heavy than you think. I have one on F250 it weigh more than normal bed. Use aluminum flatbed would be much better.

Did you add vacuum gauge that what make huge difference in mpg

You need scanner to check codes in computer. They don't turn on engine light but codes hide. My 95 F250 don't have engine light on but drive awful.We hook to scanner it show lot errors codes after fix some sensors then work great.
It's not extreme winter here, winter's almost over. I'm in PA, not Antarctica. It's getting back into the 40's and 50's here every day already. I put 1qt of MMO in with it, which thins it out pretty good as well. It's just to clean the crap out of the engine, I'll be changing it out after a couple tanks of fuel run through.

13MPG is no mistake, I had a massive fuel leak. I actually got less than 13 MPG. It was closer to 5 MPG.

Brakes aren't dragging, I just had to pinch the back brake line b/c there was a hole in it. I'll have to fix that this week as well. Only front brakes right now.

I have a scan tool, the only code is the heated O2 sensor heater circuit.

The front passenger side axle shaft (the "floating axle" on the IFS setup) is so loose I can actually wiggle it in a 1" circle inside the hub. I have a feeling the axle bearings in the front are done for. I'll have to check when I rip into the front end.