View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
icarus 402001
EcoModding Lurker

Silverslug - '04 Hyundai Accent GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
Mechanically, I agree.

I'll also curse the emptiness of internet communication - I bet this would be easier if we were all in the same room; I probably took too much the wrong way too fast - so my apologies there.

All I was really trying to get at was the point that maybe for Icarus, the cost-benefit analysis was that the extra time with his daughter was worth more than the money he could have saved by slowing down. So the overall trip sweet spot was found at a higher travel speed than what the mileage sweet spot is/was at.
Thanks, Nevyn.
I think I may be done here. You guys w/ your engineering degrees and a need to prove you know more than the other guy are too much.
Nevyn's right. If I REALLY wanted to save gas, I'd have told my daughter to stay @ school and we'll see her when she can get a ride home w/ someone else.
Everyone's idea of economizing is as individual as the person doing the economizing. Imagine how much money could be made in overtime by the guys building boat tails on their Metro's. I suspect they' get more enjoyment out of the actual building and testing than extra hours at work, though. That makes that effort worth it to them.
I'll go back to lurking and applying what fits ME in MY lifestyle.
Again, Thanks Nevyn.