View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
bondo
Master EcoModder

I learned something new today.

Thank you Darin for taking to time to post very imformative information that I had not calculated. I suffer from being extremely right brained and my math skills are lacking. I wish to thank you for telling people about the Aerolid also. One truth is that financiual gain is a motivator to me but it is not the only motivating factor I have to see the Aerolid go to market. I would love to create jobs for others and a job for myself. After being out of work for 15 months with no unemployment, you realize the value of a job.

Again, I have learned something today and it all hinged on divulging the delta Cd number. I wish now I would have done this much sooner. The points you make about the differences in the aerocap construction, speed and truck type between my truck and Fubeca's definitely would produce a variance in the test results.

I agree also with Big Dave on how we do have a wide variation of test methods which do produce wide variation.

What would be so cool is for us all to get together at the A2 wind Tunnel for some testing. They are a great bunch down there and they were just charging about $350.00 an hour for testing which isn't bad. That is how I could afford it. We could fugure out what kind of test we would want to do, not just, pickups, and get to meet each other and have alot of fun too!

Again, thank you for running the numbers for me on my truck with and with out the Aerolid and with a variance in temperature. I have learned alot in my years in design but one thing I found out is you can never know it all, you learn form others. As this post is titled, I learned something new today.

Thanks again,

Bondo (Brett)