Thread: Super MPGuino?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #75 (permalink)
gtkid2002
EcoModding Apprentice

The Bug - '69 Volkswagen Bug Base
I can find Arduino Mega's port mappings, but that's it I think.
Arduino Forum - Pinout for Port Registers on Arduino Mega??
Post #4. Only problem is that you look at the pins that are on the 'duino and where they start at analog, and the difference makes me nervous.

I believe it is using at least digitalWrite commands, but to what extent I don't know.

Any clues on how hard it would be to just bypass that?

UPDATE: Ooh, someone DID post. I checked it right after I posted this. http://forum.seeedstudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=378

It's not in a .pdf, but whatever, it works. I feel like a massive idiot now. I already looked at that page too, haha. Thought it was the Arduino Mega for some reason and kept scrolling.

In that case, it's using bytes. I scoured the code playing with the bitmaps for a little bit and just kind of... gave up for the time being.

If they had published a schematic of the Seeeduino Mega in a format I could actually read on this computer, then I could probably find those already.

I'm guessing it'll work with minimal effort on an actual Arduino Mega, but mock ups just have to have completely different pin numbers and such.....how smart.

Good golly this is turning into a nightmare. Guess I get to do some more scouring. Hopefully the people at Seeed studios publish the schematic in a .pdf on a support thread like I asked a bit ago so I can read it and so everyone else can figure out what the hell they did.

1969 VW Bug - Daily Driver
1975 VW Baja - Current Project
Priors:
1989 Honda Prelude Si 4WS (RIP)
1995 Honda Prelude Si (Traded)
1980 Fiat Spider 2000 (Sold)

Last edited by gtkid2002; 02-24-2010 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: foudn linky