Thread: LED Headlight
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #67 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
well the first sentence was supposed to be humorous "like hell" get it? (note kalamazoo was actually a fantastic place but it sure was hot that week)

Jonathan150cc. your right but your dead wrong.

If I say 2+2=4 and you say NO 2+3=5 your wrong.

are you wrong? YES you are because you provided an alternative correct answer that is completely and utterly UNRELATED to what is being discussed. so while your example is correct your still dead wrong because your correct answer is irrelevant.

MY contention is WARMER not "warm" Warmer requires something to compare it WITH (warm does not that only requires an example)

I specified if you FEEL WARMTH. this is the "compare it with" part. Not does your BODY FEEL WARMER but stick your hand onto something DOES IT SEEM WARMER do you perceive WARMTH. This has no connection or relationship to you feeling the room is too warm. Completely different concepts and sensations and conditions.

it is warmer RELATIVE TO YOU. relative to you is roughly 98' (yes I know skin temp can be in the eighties not the point)

the POINT of this is that over 100' = BAD for led's FACT

the point of this is that anything that FEELS WARM to a human being (not IS WARM but "FEELS WARM" is something your BODY says "hey" thats warm. will ALMOST ALWAYS be over 98' (humidity changes this for air temps hence why 80' and 90% humidty feels unbearable but 80' and 5% humidity barely even feels warm) this is more to do with YOUR ability to get RID of heat than of you feeling heat from outside. Another subject

We are talking localized here (stick your hand on it) your "entire body" warm concept is altered by the fact that we are WARM BLOODED so while a 90' room might be the same as your body temp YOUR BODY will alert you this is too much BECAUSE YOUR GENERATING HEAT and its harder to get RID of that heat into a heatsink that is 90' than one that is 75' so even though the 90' heatsink IS COLDER THAN YOU its not enough to work as an effective heat sink.

The POINT WAS I am trying to give you a sensible simple easy understandable way to determine if your LED fixture

IS GOING TO FRAKING MELT ITSELF

this is simple. TOUCH IT. if its warm to your touch ITS TOO WARM.

thats it.

I don't care about the concept of hot or cold.

I care about WARMER OR COLDER THAN YOUR TOUCH. this is NOT independent of the individual because WE ALL run at about 98' give or take a tiny margin.

NO its not because you grew accustomed to 74. its because your body started PUMPING OUT HEAT to keep you warm and now suddenly you in an environment that is much warmer than the last one you were in (outside) so your pumping out this heat and now can not get rid of it because your heat sink (the air) is not as good at sucking the heat from you anymore (because its warmer than outside)

SO your body tells you "i'm too warm" until it adjusts and cranks down the heat production to be inline with the environmental temperature. You forget that your SKIN is essentially a large RADIATOR and that we are WARM BLOODED we are essentially a heat furnace we MAKE OUR OWN HEAT and when there is too much we must get RID of that heat. This is why you sweat.

and last I checked the "air inside" never actually touches your "core" body parts. I imagine that would be pretty lethal since you would to be pretty darned broken to allow that to occur and the warmth of the air would be the last thing on your mind I imagine.

Think about it this way. WHY does your car have trouble cooling itself in 100' high humidty weather?

the air temp is LESS THAN HALF what your cars operating temperature is? its because while the temp is lower its ability to DRAW HEAT ie to Exchange heat with your radiator is much more limited. Colder but not enough.