View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #91 (permalink)
stonebreaker
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeaver View Post
Dear all,

My best electrolyzer is improving almost nothing the fuel yield and power of my diesel, while consuming like a big air conditioner.

See figures:

Well, I do not know how much HHO is my best electrolyzer producing. However, based on the info Stonebreaker took from a physics site, I am still able to make an estimate of the volume it is producing by proportionality:

Based on that physics site (cited by Stonebraker): "The energy required to electrolyze one mole of water is 237 kilojoules. So 11.78 moles requires 2791 kilojoules of energy - call it 2800 kilojoules. That's 2800 kJ per minute. To figure out the wattage, divide by 60 to get 46.7 kJ per second, which works out to 46,700 watts. Which, at 14.4 volts, is 3200 amps."

He made this calculation to establish how much HHO gas should be produced to feed a 6L diesel engine with 5% of Hydrogen to improve itīs fuel consumption. Five percent (5%) is the ideal Hydrogen Q to stimulate the combustion of the engine, gaining in power and yield.

As my engine is only 2.8 L , then I would need a little less than half the quantity of the 6 L engine, say only 0.466 times as much.

This yields to 21,793 watts and about 1,493 Amps.

As my electrolyzer is consuming only 20 Amps, then it should be producing only 0.0133 times as much (1.3% of what is necessary), which is in terms of total fuel used:

0.0133 x 5% = 0.00067 of total volume used by the car.

Conclussion: My electrolyzer, the best one, is producing a nill quantity of HHO improving in almost nothing the combustion of the diesel fuel.

On the other hand, it is consuming 20 Amps, like a big air conditioning equipment at full !

In fact, when I connect the electrolyzer, revs per minute diminish, the same way as I connect the air conditioning. If the engine were gaining power, revs should increase.

Any comments?

Maybe Stonebreaker or someone else can help calculating how much HHO absolute volume is my electrolyzer generating.

Tks.

OldBeaver
One mole of any gas at Standard Temp and Pressure is 22.7 liters. 3200 amps = 11.78 moles, so 20amps/3200 * 11.78 = .078 moles per minute HHO production. You said you needed .466*11.78 moles, which is 5.49 moles which equals about 125 liters. You're making .078 moles, which is about 1.75 liters. You're making less than 1/70 of the required amount. Assuming 100% efficiency on the conversion.

The Following User Says Thank You to stonebreaker For This Useful Post:
oldbeaver (02-27-2010)