View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
travelingaaron
EcoModding Lurker

CBR300R - '15 Honda CBR300R non-abs
90 day: 71.33 mpg (US)
Lost a spark plug

So my car has been having issues anyway and I recently did a compression test to find out that I had no compression on one cylinder. I don't know if it was me putting everything back together poorly or something else.

My car has been sputtering and dying lately but I thought it was from a gas-additive I put in the tank trying to free up the valve on the bad cylinder. The dying did not start till right after I added the additive. I bought the additive at Auto Zone when I took the compression test kit back so I probably should have considered that it might be something else but nothing looked wrong. I have to add oil frequently due to a leaky oil pan seal (on my to do list with the engine rebuild). I am sure that I would have noticed a spark plug hanging when adding oil, it was the first thing I saw when I popped the hood.

So what causes a spark plug to back itself all the way out? The hole was empty and my spark plug wire was hanging there not attached to a plug. This is a different cylinder than the one that had no compression.