View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
KamperBob
Recreation Engineer

Black Stallion - '02 Toyota Tundra 4WD xCab

Half Pint - '06 Yamaha XT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
( Is that a typo ? I'm guessing that you really don't want to curve just one side of the side kammback extension, since that would cause the trailer to yaw back and forth. )

If I understand your question, you are asking which would be more beneficial - a curved roof line or curved sides.

From what I understand, curved sides are the winner, since you are working with twice the wind area.
Another benefit is visibility to other drivers ( since it doesn't slope down like a ramp ). Since the trailer is slimmer than it is tall, this will also mean that you might derive more benefit from it since the length doesn't have to be a great to come close to a teardrop shape.
The only drawback would be increased crosswind drag.

So did I understand the question O.K. ?
The question was rhetorical, actually. I'm not asking a community of experts for design advise. I'm just sharing my project. Folks are welcome to comment. Just don't be disappointed if I do my own thing anyway. It seems many might not appreciate how different this project is from typical car and truck mods, with very different goals frankly. Again, food for thought. I'm just trying to help others think outside the bun, if they want. It doesn't really matter to me. I am trying to make a contribution here. I think it's important for that to be clear. Judging from some of the responses, all of which I truly appreciate BTW, it seems like there may be some misunderstanding afloat.

Cheers
KB

PS- Typo fixed too. Tough crowd.

Last edited by KamperBob; 02-28-2010 at 09:52 AM..