View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #102 (permalink)
janvos39
EcoModding Apprentice

jvsgears - '14 Skoda Octavia
Team m8
90 day: 52.47 mpg (US)
Aaron. I am making a set of gears for Craig Vetter. It is about time that he can show his potential with that streamliner.
I made the drawings for the parts of the variabel valve timing mechanism. Also here are some gears involved to make it possible. I made the gears already. Have to work now on the housing for the gears and the modification of the camshaft. I have to cut the intake cam looose from the camshaft and make the gears inbetween the inlet and the exhaust cam. I believe this is a little bit a cryptic explanation. But when I have pictures of the drawing and the parts it will become clear.

Changing the windscreen back is not easy. I know that every body likes to see the step by step approach proven by data. As long as I donot have a type of scangauge it will be difficult to get thoose data. So my philosophy is to try to head in the good direction. Looking at pictures in books like Hucho and try to copy some ideas. Although I am planning to get a data logging system which will record a number of functions, so that on the PC I can look back on it and try to figure out where to go next.

Last edited by janvos39; 03-01-2010 at 12:09 PM..