View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
EcoModding? In my dreams!!

Has anyone had ecomodding (or ecomodder) oriented dreams?

I would think that, with all the time I spend under or around the car, and all the time I spend reading and wondering about possible mods, I should dream about coasting for ages, or not being able to bump start, or whatever. But no, I haven't had any ecomodding dreams that I can remember, until very recently.

Two nights ago I dreamed that my car lost its front bellypan. This was part of larger dream, which was otherwise unrelated. The funny thing is that recently I haven't been thinking about bellypans, so this sort of sprung up from nowhere.

But last night was 100% EM: I dreamed that there was an EcoModder meet-up, somewhere in mid-USA (Wisconsin?). Of course, as in any dream, things were totally screwed up, like my station wagon was a convertable, MetroMPG was very young (teenager) and drove a white car, Daox drove a boattailed white Del Sol, etc. Lots of people which I didn't even know getting ready for the evening BBQ A part of the meet was a 'race' - driving along a certain route trying to get the best FE. So everybody is getting ready, fooling aroung with their cars, etc., when suddenly there is a loud beeping noise. Everyone stops and looks up, and only after 5-6 beeps do I realise that it's our alarm clock! That's when I woke up, laughing.
Not the first time that an alarm clock influenced a dream, I guess my mind prefers to pretend it's part of the dream than to wake up.

So does anyone else remember their ecomodding related dreams?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
vtec-e (03-02-2010)