View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
jesimpki
EcoModding Lurker

Eliza - '91 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 26.51 mpg (US)
New to the Forum

Hi everyone. I've been having a great time reading through the vast amount of tips and knowledge here. I recently decided to perform a few eco mods on my 91 Accord. I've already started by blocking the grill using 3/4" and 1/2" foam pipe insulation (although I hope to make it look a lot better eventually), and folding in the side-view mirrors.

Fuel economy isn't the best it could be now what with the cold and the crappy used tires my parents made me use . However I'm going to be solving those issues pretty soon. I ordered a block heater from Napa yesterday, and was promised it would be in this morning, but alas, the warehouse apparently has it on back-order or something (in the South?). And I am looking at some (cheap) P185/70R14 low rolling resistance tires. I know that the Bridgestone B381s are supposedly the best of the LRR tires in 14 inch size, but I settled on the Sumitomo HTR T4 which at $52.00/tire at TireRack.com, seems worth a try to me.

I appreciate any pointers or suggestions if someone knows of any tires that are better but still relatively cheap.