View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
Craig has been in contact with someone here that is making alternate gears for his scooter. While not a complete solution, it should push him closer to his goal.

The Suzuki GZ250 as well as the above Eliminator appear to have great potential. Already low seat height, 16" wheels, changeable sprockets, wide spaced gearing, cheap used prices, been making them many years, still make 'em so parts are available, can even be lowered!

I'm 6'1" and had one to fix and resell. It was suprisingly comfortable but just screams for some wind blocking body or windshield to make it comfortable at freeway speeds. A pretty competent entry level bike!

I think 250cc is a good size. Passing power with great aero should be better than most cars and people like that in a motorcycle. With appropriate gearing, mileage should be really good too.

I see a day when aero kits for small cruiser bikes become available for: Honda Rebel 250/450, VTX600, GZ125/250, Eliminator 250, Chinese cruisers, pretty much any bike with a seat height of 24" or less. Length could be adapted to the wheelbase of the bike.