View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
91lexusES250
EcoModding Lurker

New member-- with a fuel eating 91' lexus!

Hello everyone,

My names Cody-

Normally I drive a acura rsx.. modded from top to bottom and I drive it hard.

But to and from work, I take my Dads old lexus to hopefully save my rsx from the pothole ridden streets of Philly.

It's a 1991 Lexus es250- Lexus' flagship car the first year here in the states along side of the ls400.

here it is:

The es250 is pretty much a glorified toyota camry with better exterior panels and a comfortable interior.

I am naturally a forum junkie- but usually browse the honda/acura performance forums.

I've been having some trouble with the Lexus- the speedometer from a stop will work correctly and then "drop" when I let off the gas. I've been trying to figure out how to check out this problem and if I can possibly fix it myself?

so not only does the car seem to eat up gas- it is quite slow.. powered by a v6 2.5 L 156 hp motor.

I guess the car is just naturally slow since it's a 91' but it almost feels like the throttle cable is loose? The car doesnt gradually accelerate- you have to press the pedal halfway down- and the car kind of "jerks" forward- can this be a waste of gas?

link to the wikipedia page if anyone is interested:
Lexus ES - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I guess for right now- I am trying to fix these issues so I can properly record my mileage- as well as learn about any other members on here who might own a 90-91 camry with similar issues?

thanks