View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #52 (permalink)
tim3058
EcoModding Apprentice

Silver Bullet - '86 Chevy Camaro Z28
90 day: 19.74 mpg (US)

New Blue - '96 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
90 day: 20.46 mpg (US)

Diesel - '96 Chevrolet Tahoe LS
Last 3: 13.56 mpg (US)

Tahoe #2 - '95 Chevrolet Tahoe LS
90 day: 13.05 mpg (US)

SuperDuty - '08 Ford F-350 dually Lariat
90 day: 9.34 mpg (US)

Fundai - '09 Hyundai Elantra
90 day: 26.45 mpg (US)

HRV - '17 Honda HRV LX
90 day: 31.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
SentraSE-R Agreed. Bush Administration decisions were all politically biased, and tainted. No other administration came close to Bush's corruption in my 34 year federal career. None.

Did I not get my point across? I was a federal regulator for 34 years. Bush politicized - actually, polarized - government policies far more than any other administration, bar none. Don't try to justify his meddling by saying everyone else did it. That's not true, and smears everyone with Bush's brush.

I had intended to drop out of this thread as logic was discarded shortly after I said there was considerable oil reserves in ANWR, nothing more, and was bombarded by emotional responses against ANWR drilling (which I never said was a good or bad idea, only that studies reported a -lot- of oil there). Don't drag politics into it, this thread wasn't about politics to begin with. Political viewpoints are forbidden barring specifically relative to efficiency... check the forum page rules. I have not invoked politics into the discussion, please abide by the same courtesy. The above is solely your emotional analysis, and I would imagine a quick check of the facts from past presidents, other politicians and the current administration would uncover equal claims of corruption (I won't provide my documented examples). Politics is a mudpit, you don't get to that level without getting your shoes dirty (regardless of party affiliations)... So far only one political affiliation has sounded off on their emotional evaluation of people no longer even in government, that had little or nothing to do with -facts- presented in one of the very few posts here that quoted a source other than their own two cents. The other political persuasions (from what I'm reading above) have been respectful and not responded likewise. Now please leave the politics out of it. Thanks.