View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
Guy manages 45 mpg with an 1985 Ford T-Bird 5.0L V8....

Article:Truth About Acetone and Ethanol - PESWiki
LOL @ PESWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article:Truth About Acetone and Ethanol - PESWiki
Conspiracy against use of Acetone? July, 2009

The use of gasoline with 10% Ethanol, known as E-10, has become so common in the U.S., that many states now have NO PURE GASOLINE available at all. It is now known that E-10, if acetone is added, will give WORSE mileage than factory. I was incorrect in that Ethanol evaporates anywhere near as fast as acetone. As well that Ethanol can create the same effect as Acetone. It is interesting to note that the nation wide switch to E-10 began immediately following the public statement on July 15, 2008 by the chairman of the Federal Reserve, that high gas prices were driving down consumption. This timing also coincides with my conversation at the yahoo group pes_acetone and with the local media about having achieved 45mpg hwy. from a V8 full size car, with acetone additive. Sterling Allan had been asking me to write an article, here, on this technology. The timing of the date I wrote this article, above, matches within 4 days of the action of the Fed, on July 15, 2008. My point being that the switch to E-10 prevents the use of acetone to REDUCE CONSUMPTION. So here we are a year after I wrote this article, with CONSUMPTION and PROFIT for those who benefit, very much to their liking. Use acetone now, in E-10, and your consumption will increase, not decrease. Pretty good trick. And let us not forget that the use of GRAINS to make the Ethanol has caused the prices of food to increase. --Behindbarsbimbo 10:11, 12 July 2009 (PDT)
ROFL.

Wash the gas, then add acetone, and see if you still get better economy. It's not too difficult to get rid of Ethanol in gasoline.

Last edited by Christ; 03-04-2010 at 11:58 PM..