View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Oval_Overload
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Unicorn - '12 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch
90 day: 31.9 mpg (US)
I have no worries about the performance of the Wheego standing up to spec. I know it will do 55 mph quite happily, and someone confirmed the range through mathematics (Ryland, I think).

I recently got into the structural bits of a production Wheego, and I'm happy to say it it much more refined from the prototype. The doors close smoothly, all the panels fit well, and the machinery used to stamp pieces at the factory has gotten very accurate. In the prototype, there were a few spots where parts had to be nursed into place. In the production car, everything fits just as it should.

I'm sure my babble sounds odd to you guys, but in the EV world, we deal with a lot of hopeful 'car manufacturers' that slap together one or two prototypes from a design sketched on an napkin and call it 'good enough'. It appears Whegoo is doing it right.

For the sake of transparency and honesty, I'd like to point out that I have a vested interest in selling these, so take my statements with whatever grain of salt you deem necessary

~Jimbo
Mechanic, EVS
Minneapolis, MN

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.