View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimepting View Post
...I think I am going to search for a good interstate section of about 10 miles one way as a test course. (From memory, I believe that I95 south of Richmond is superior to I64 east, but I have to have a look.) For most areas that I have seen the interstate is near optimum for testing at this speed. The occasional truck that approaches from the rear can be warned with a couple of quick flashes, as can any dense traffic approaching from the rear. There seems to never be any forward obstruction at this speed...
jimepting,

The question I have, is on the Interstate, how do you pick a time when others will not try to pass you in the other lane??

In Wisconsin, we have I-94 within about 10 miles of the house, but there is so much traffic there, AND there is always someone who is going 70 or 75 that will cause air turbulence for your aero testing.

I agree that driving faster is better to measure the affect of the aero mod, but can't figure out how to accomplish this without doing it late at night on the Interstate.

Jim.