View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
jime57
Master EcoModder

OurInsight - '06 Honda Insight
Sounds like you may have the perfect road. Unfortunately, it's going to be a bit of a trip for me to use that road The problem we have around Richmond is a high level of congestion generally. We are on the main north/south coastal route and certainly a part of the east coast megopolis. I don't expect to find a testable 4 lane that doesn't have some truck traffic. I'll need to study the traffic patterns to see when it is at a minimum.

Question: I did some experimental sanding today on a piece of packing type styrofoam. I used 80 grit and I noticed that I had to get the pressure just right to avoid ripping the little balls away whole. Of course that made the surface very rough. Does the construction grade white and pink sand better?

Got under the car this morning and did a bit of looking at the stock Honda bellypan work. It would appear that there is a little additional work that can be done at the rear, in the area of the axel, that would make the boattail perform better, but Honda did a pretty good job otherwise. I think I'm willing to do the slight bellypan work and any boattail I can work out as a single step in the testing and chalk it all to the bellypan.

Last edited by jime57; 03-07-2010 at 02:27 PM..