View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
Nope its a Mazda B6T (Mazda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Good to hear good things about the clutch. Unfortunately Ive also read the throwout bearing that comes with it wont work with my Capri trans... I'll probably have to get that separate.

Haven't had any good progress lately because of the weather. Still working on getting the trans mounted first. Theres actually someone selling taller 5th gears for the trans that I may look into. Stock Capri 5th is .8 I think and this one is .71 I think.

I also need a 2.5" hole saw to cut a hole in the firewall for the wire harness...
I don't have them handy to show you ATM, but often, the only reason a release bearing won't work is the attachment method. They're usually a bearing within a case, attached to a backing plate by 4 bent tabs.

I've rebuilt enough of them on enough cars to figure out that if you need a specific size that you can't find for a specific car, it's not hard to self-manufacture one by taking the old one from that car and making the backing plate fit into the bearing case.

If yours are anything like that, maybe you can make the new one work using the mount plate from the old one?

The Following User Says Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
Jessic09 (11-12-2015)