View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
http://www.innas.com/Assets/files/Hydrid%20brochure.pdf

Similar system I posted before.

Valentin has been pursuing this for two decades. His concept is sound but it seems to me like his marketing smacks of Paul Mollar and his aero car.

The critical component of an effective hydraulic hybrid is the in wheel drives. The reason for in wheel-drives is the lower RPM of in wheel drives allows efficiency to remain high at higher speeds. Hydraulic in wheel drives should approach 95%+ efficiency in the near future and I believe mine has advantages over all the other types.

Accumulators approach 99% efficiency and keeping the fluid passageways short and restriction free is necessary.

Current state of the art is approaching 80% from wheel to accumulator and back to wheel. Once 80% is reached then the sky is the limit as far as fuel mileage.

Christ is exactly right. Comparing any conventional drive to a IVT in wheel hydraulic is a false comparison.

Engine only running at highest BSFC double efficiency. Engines designed specifically for direct generation of hydraulic pressure have reached efficiencies of over 50%, which is triple the efficiency of current averages.

Combine this with 90% direct transmission of power to the wheels and 80%+ regeneration efficiency and you truly have a game changer.

Add better aero and lower rolling resistance tires, and the total KW/HR needs decline. while the system automatically compensates.

In comparison when you lower the aero drag under normal circumstances you need less power from the engine and efficiency is lower at lower load levels in a typical engine.

The linked design explains this precisely, take the time to read and understand it and you will better understand the advantages.

For those who advocate electric primary power, it's not an either or choice, just use the battery and electric motor in place of the IC engine, to restore accumulator reserves. This places less cycle stresses on the battery and eliminates the poor regeneration efficiency of electric hybrids which is less than 40%.

regards
Mech
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Christ (03-18-2010), puddleglum (03-19-2010)