View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #115 (permalink)
RobertSmalls
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverinsight2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
I drive around with the IMA disabled with a clutch switch mod, and when the brakelights come on, it energizes a relay that reenables the IMA. Since, in the winter, I don't have enough high-voltage juice for assist, it's more like a really fast alternator than regenerative brakes.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post150133

Btw, I have an Optima yellow top in there, so I'm cooking up a DC-DC converter disable.
Another great idea Robert, a few questions;

1.When cruising at night, does this tend to drain the HV battery?
2. Any effects on the auto-stop?
3. Will the car restart automatically if the voltage drops below the IMA preset level?
4. Any luck with the idle air circuit?
Thanks
1. Very, very slowly, I'd imagine. Deep-cycling both batteries, you should be able to run for at least four hours at night without recharging, assuming no regen or assist. Deep-cycling just an Optima D51R, you should last an hour with a 400W load.
2. Nope.
3. The clutch switch mod does not affect the forced regen behavior that happens when your state of charge falls to three bars or lower.
4. No, but thanks for reminding me. I set my ScanGauge to display RPM, and I'll investigate what the minimum coolant temperature for a smooth idle is. I believe it's about 70°F, so in a month or so, I might just unplug the IACV until fall.