Thread: New York Yaris
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranterc View Post
i've been a member for a little bit now ..but i've never really posted (atleast i dont remember ever posting)..

found out about this site from Daox.. has a build page for his paseo on TO.com .. and followed it here..

have a 92 corolla that i tried to get better mpg's out of , but that wasnt much of a succues , i think that the motor as reliable as it has been to me as far as getting me where ever i wanted to go was just a littl too tired and worn to get anything great out of mpg's ..so that has turned into a project of differnt sorts ..

Now i beleive i have gotten myself a better platform as far as ecomodding goes.. a 2009 yaris , with only 4800 miles on it.. i'd say its barleybroken in..

i just got it today (3/21/10) and it had already 3/4 tank of gas.. i'll start keeping logs of mpg's on the next fill up.. 90% of my driving is city .. so i'd be happy starting off with something in the high 20's

wanted the manual tranny , so that i would be easier to manage mpgs but had to get the auto as the wife will also be using it , and she has absolutly no interest in learningto drive a manual tranny....

anyways i've got plenty of researching to do on this site..

just a coulple of pics ..

seems i cant post pics until i reach 5 posts .. oh well, that maybe a while since i dont really post much.. but its ok , i suppost you all know what a 2009 yaris looks like
Hi,

We live nearby in the same metro area (Queens-Nassau) and I recently bought a new '09 Aveo5 with A/T. A principal reason that we bought an Aveo instead (it is essentially my wife's car) is because we hated the interior of the Yaris and we like the Aveo's interior much more. (In comparison the ride and the handling were quite similar in both.)

I would really like to know what FE you actually get in all-city driving. Due to the transmission programming our Aveo only gets 22 MPG (in all-city use) no matter how we drive it. The disappointing city FE is the only thing we really dislike about it.