View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdrouille View Post
I know tortuous, rally type, roads near and around Mont-Tremblant that would make a wonderful economy run. Unfortunately, I don't think I could get many people to travel up here. I offered to help if SMCC Montreal ever organize one, but that's pretty much it.
That reminds me, I did hear that Jeff [at SMCC] was considering organizing an economy run type road rally this year. I really hope he does. I'd love to go north of the border for some friendly competition.

Martin, you made an interesting point. I too, had thoughts about a possible switch to more challenging route for a future event. A.M.E.C.'s first three events featured many medium gradient climbs with longer but gentle descents. For our fourth event I picked a flatter route and surprisingly everyone lost a few mpgs, [although the cooler fall temps may have had more to do with that].

I know that everyone likes the big numbers [and that steep climbs favor diesels] but what do you all think about Martin's idea for using a more challengine route? I like it.

Mike Kamm